Friday, November 16, 2007

Well Fed Forester


Once upon a time, I thought that a pack of saltine crackers and a can of Beanie Wienies was OK for lunch out in the field. I finally wised up and realized I could have a hot lunch every day just by taking along some of my camping gear. I started out doing many variations of beans and noodles, and I still do that once in a while, but beans and rice has become my tailgate specialty. I boil a small batch of black rice (sweet and high fiber) at home every night, and it is plumped up nice in the morning. I add a bean selection from the Dented Can Store and season it with a combination of habanero and other pepper sauces. Lunch for under 50 cents! Cheap and healthful! I usually top it off with some high power coffee to keep me alert after such a great feast.

Hot and Strong!

No comments: