Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Something Old, Something New

At first glance from head-on, this tractor resembles an Aultman-Taylor 30-60, a heavy duty threshing engine that is familiar to most tractor nuts. I quickly realized that I had never seen a Twin City tractor like this one before, so I spent some time looking it over and taking some photos. The radiator gives it that Aultman-Taylor look.

I have to admit that I am lost in this array of levers and pedals.

The four cylinder in-line engine is impressive, and is a sharp contrast to the Aultman-Taylor horizontal four cylinder opposed power plant.

Get a load of that water pump!

It looks as if it is ready to go to work plowing the prairie, or pulling a thresher all day. It even has a set of extension rims. We saw this beauty at the SIAM show at Evansville last month. I would love to hear it run, but the owner did not unload it. Just seeing it was a joy.

No comments: