Sunday, November 7, 2010

November e-Postal Match Is Up!

Manfred at Armes et tir Passion has posted the Mr. Completely November e-Postal Contest! You will be shooting a big bullseye at twenty five yards this month, so go easy on the caffeine before your trip to the range. Manfred had a little trouble writing the instructions in English, but I think you shoot "any gun" and shoot offhand with both hands, then offhand with one hand.  Watch his post and comments for clarification if you aren't sure.

Cheaper Than Dirt will award a $50 gift certificate to one shooter again this month: you earn a chance for every set of targets you shoot, so take several guns with you to the range along with a stack of targets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manfred does much better at English than I do at French, so I'm not gonna complain!

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see any way to leave a comment on his blog - did I miss something?

Merle

Anonymous said...

I have to retract the second comment - I just went back & tried again & this time Manfred's blog opened up all the way. I was able to leave a comment after all.

Thanks.

Merle

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I tried this contest today, and for some unknown reason I did better shooting one-handed! Twenty five yards is a bit farther out than we ususally shoot these contests, and it does make you concentrate. I found that my sights were set a tad high for this range, so my Single Six is now a better adjusted gun.

Anonymous said...

True enough it is a bit further, but the bullseys is a LOT bigger than some we have had lately!!!

Merle

PS: the word verification code letters does not display until I try to publish - then it does display on the second try. Any ideas?

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I think Manfred will adjust your score to reflect the distance you must shoot. All ranges are different. I have the same trouble with Blogger, and I don't know the cause. It always gives a verification word on the second try.