Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fired Up For Falks

One of the engines that we did not get rid of is a 5 Horsepower Falk engine that I acquired when I was in high school. The piston was stuck from being out in the weather, and I learned a lot tearing it down and rebuilding it. It hasn't run in over forty years, having been neglected since I left home for college, but it has always been stored inside. It is back on my list of projects that must be tended to, along with our 9 Horsepower Sears and the player piano. There are a couple videos on YouTube that show the neat action of the machinery on the sideshaft.



Uploaded by gasenginemagazine on Sep 19, 2008

1910 3 HP Falk (Rumely Special) owned by Dick Merritt, Weston, GA; Shown at 2008 Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Show, Portland, IN.



Uploaded by steamer123 on Sep 15, 2009

Falk sideshaft engine built in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

No comments: