Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Got Snow?

 

Have wet feet?  Snow is a pretty good test for leather boots, and wet feet are no fun at all if you are outdoors all day.  I have tried many waterproofing  products over the years, and Pecards is the one that I settled on thirty years ago.  It even keeps my feet dry when I walk through wet grass, which is a tougher test than walking through a creek.  My work boots are Corcoran Field Boots, and they are not waterproof, but they are pretty much watertight when they are new.  Regular applications keep the leather soft and the seams watertight.  Leave your freshly treated boots next to the wood stove overnight, or go over them with a hair dryer.

  
I found Pecards in the Dixie Gun Works catalog many years ago, and have never seen it in stores, so Dixie is where I go when my supply gets low.  Be careful if you look at DGW; you might be having new guns show up on your doorstep.

No comments: