Thursday, August 21, 2014

Speaking Of Hi-Points...

...We have mentioned Hi-Point Carbines in two posts in two days, and, well, they are just so good I have to mention them again.  My little brother called me today and asked for my opinion, and I told him how much I love my Hi-Point Carbine.  Seems that his wife is thinking they need a good house-gun to have handy in emergencies, and she is thinking along the lines of an AR style rifle.  Chester thinks a Hi-Point would be a better fit for his philosophy of use right now.  I need to take mine along with me to Iowa so he can bust some caps and see how it performs.

Now, here's a real deal for all of you!  You can win a Hi-Point in the the Gun Blogger Rendezvous raffle, coming up in early September.  You just need to register and go to Reno to have a good time with the other GBR attendees.   You don't even need a blog to attend!

If you can't do that, you have one more option; but it's a longer shot.  MKS Supply is giving away...


A 9 mm Carbine in Woodland Camo.  I shouldn't be telling you, because it will only hurt my percentages, but here it is.  Go to MKS Supply's site and register before the end of September.  You may register ONE TIME.  It is too good to pass up, so be sure to put your name in the pot.  AND, you should still go to Reno and buy raffle tickets at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous!  Really; where will you ever have a better chance to win such great prizes, and have the time of your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a carbine in 40 S&W and like it a lot. I felt that the 9mm lacked a bit of power at longer ranges and that the 45ACP didn't offer as flat of a trajectory. Never had any dealings with the pistols, so can't comment about them.

Merle

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Comments on various internet forums give mixed reviews on the 9mm Hi-Point. They are very accurate, and it seems they run great on hot ammo. Cheap ammo may give mixed results, some of it is aftermarket-magazine related. IraqVeteran on YouTube worked over a 9mm, and they confirmed that it ran great on high quality ammo. Hi-Points are blowback actions, and I am guessing that the springs have to be set up for anything, so low pressure ammo doesn't run as well. The .380, .40, and .45 models get rave reviews and do not seem to be persnickety about what you feed them. My opinion is that they make a fine house or car gun, but are a bit heavy and bulky for concealed carry. They would be fine for packing around the farm, and if it falls off the tractor and into mud, no problem! Wash it, oil it, and put it back to work.