Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Do Not Like 'possums


 Darn Critters! You can always tell by the smell if one of these is hiding out in your garage. This was a smart one, and he wouldn't go in the trap. I finally located him, stood the trap on end, picked up the possum and dropped him in. I took him a couple miles away and set him off in a patch of woods. At least they don't spread distemper, rabies and worms the way coons do. I tend not to give coons a break if they invade the garage.


The deer are still bunched up, even though winter is really over. The leaves have popped since I took this picture, and the deer are going to be hard to see now. The reason you're getting wildlife photos instead of the Brunswick tonight is that the intro video for my records did not get transferred when I changed computers. I will pull it off one of the hard drives tomorrow and see if I can get the latest record posted.

6 comments:

danno said...

I trust you picked him up wearing welding gloves while dropping him into the trap.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I respect those teeth more than you can know! The thing about a 'possum is, you can pick him up by the tail one time. He has enough brain power to remember that, and he will turn on you the second time. Coons must be handled long distance.

Merle said...

One of the biggest surprises of my young life involved an angry possum that tried to chew its way through my boot. After that, I paid close attention to those nasty teeth!

Merle

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Yep, Teeth Talk!

Maya said...

Eve said...
Nice post

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Thank You!