Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Was This A Gag?

Twenty years ago this informational piece came across my desk, and it stuck. I have always wondered if U.S. Forest Service personnel actually tried this method of disposal. I guess it would be handy if you had old explosives you needed to use, or it would be good for making the low man on the totem pole remove shoes off a five day old carcass. I bet that was good for a laugh.


(Click on images to enlarge them.)


That reminds me of a story a friend told me about practicing with explosives while he was in the Army. He and a buddy were busting boulders by packing explosives on top, with a mud cap, when they wondered if the boulders would break with a charge underneath. That technique launched a boulder out of sight. They had invented the Potato Gun, but never got credit for it!

I am also reminded of this old news video from 1970. If you are going to try this method, don't call me; but I would like to see your pictures.


No comments: