Monday, August 28, 2017

Tuesday Torque: Old Threshers Starts Thursday!



Flyboyslc1 posted this video from Old Threshers in 2013, the last year I made it up to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. I spotted a few remarkable things to look for. From the 38 to 48 second mark you will see a couple of Gade engines; one of my favorite makes. At 1:07 his camera glides by what looks to be a 3 HP Falk engine; a very rare bird. At 2:21 you see the inverted Master Workman engine, made by Temple Pump Company in Chicago, Illinois. I first saw that engine at Mt. Pleasant in 1965. I hope it is still being shown. At the 1:55 mark you get a glimpse of a barn fresh IHC. I think it is a Famous, and it is maybe a 6 HP model.

The Saloon Girls have been embarassing unsuspecting guys for decades. I know better than to go in there while a show is going on!

No comments: