Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trespassers Are No Better Than Common Thieves


One of our friends had his hunt ruined last weekend by a trespasser who slipped into our timber and went up a white oak with a climbing stand.  The guy left before I could get there, but I saw him out by the road waiting for a ride.  I spoke to him, but didn't accuse him of trespassing; just milked him for information.  He lied through his teeth, and said he never was on us.  I looked around and found where he had been. He was 25 feet over the line, which is easy to see.  I'll be looking for him again next weekend.

2 comments:

Merle said...

who would have thought a trespasser would lie???

Merle

David aka True Blue Sam said...

You have to be polite, and even then they may call the cops and tell a lie to screw up your life. I want to catch him up in the tree and get pictures for the game warden. I have little patience for criminals.