Thursday, December 6, 2018

Quit When I'm Ahead


We hadn't been to Pistol League since before Thanksgiving, so we went tonight.  Last time I shot a 470 (out of 480) and then 471.  Tonight I pushed a bit to stay within the time limit and shot a 470 on the first one.  I thought I could do better, so I slowed down and concentrated  a bit more.  That got me a 469.  I knuckled down for a third target and shot a 467.  At least when I am concentrating I can call my misses as the sight drifts off at the trigger break.  Pistol League is a great stress reliever, and the indoor shooting in the winter improves our skills for shooting steel in the summer; and vice versa.  I have been neglecting practice at home, and if I can spend some time behind the barn I might get closer to a score of 480.

2 comments:

Merle said...

when you hit 480 be sure to post it congrats will be in order! :)

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The guy next to me last night made 479. I was impressed! I am a bad wobbler and I may never make it.