Monday, August 19, 2019

Tuesday Torque: Hoe That Corn!

Here's a rare machine that I am guessing did not sell well, or create satisfied customers.  I bet if you put me on it, I could destroy 20 acres of corn per day trying to keep it between the rows.  I never was good at driving a tractor with a cultivator, and it gave me the nervous jim-jams trying not to disturb the corn roots. The young farmers of today have never used a cultivator, what with the use of herbicides.  Farmers today take off in mid-summer and go on vacation. Old-time farmers might have slipped into town on a Saturday night and had a cheeseburger and an ice cream cone.  Times sure have changed.


2 comments:

Merle said...

Only 20 acres destroyed? Probably could do better, with a bit of luck.

I'd probably do a lot better (worse?), while trying to learn how to control that monster....

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Merle: I'm just being hopeful that I might get a few of the weeds! Sort of like a blind hog.