Thursday, June 23, 2016

Ruger .44 Magnum Vaquero; Get One While You Can



Ruger announced the .44 Magnum Birdshead Vaquero early in 2016, and it is already pulled from their catalog. This is a great little thumper for carrying around the farm and home with the abbreviated grip and a barrel only 3.75 inches long. The checkered grips keep the gun snug in your hand under recoil. I am shooting 200 grain bullets in this first time out with the gun, and I have to hold the front sight up just a bit. I will be loading some 240s, and I think that will put it right on target with proper sight alignment.

 Ruger has pulled this model from their catalog, so I think they have finished the production run on this little beauty. Call your favorite firearm emporium if you want one. Ruger still lists the .45 Colt, .45 Auto, and .357 Magnum in this 3.75 inch Birdshead version of the Vaquero.

The reason I almost started laughing near the end is I thought about the reporter who told us he was bruised shooting an AR15, and that it gave him PTSD. He'd probably wet his pants if he tried one of these. The gongs are made by Rifleman Training Targets. They are water-cut AR500 steel.

Update:  I  have loaded some 240 grain bullets with a load of Blue Dot and will be trying them this upcoming weekend.  Stay Tuned for Part Two of the Ruger .44 Magnum Vaquero.

No comments: