Sunday, June 9, 2019

Do You Have A Soil Knife?


We picked one of these up at a garden show many years ago, and Susan uses it all the time.  I always carried an entrenching tool in my truck and used it for all kinds of chores, but lately I have been grabbing Susan's Soil Knife.  You can weed, plant, pick rocks out of your cleats; all kinds of chores, and you can pack it on your belt.  I am thinking of getting one for myself.  The only thing is, they come duller than a froe.  You will need to work on it with a file and a stone in a Dremel tool. You know what I mean:  Back To The Old Grind!

4 comments:

JC said...

Looks like a duct knife.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

JC, you just taught me something! The blade is wider than the duct knives I see on a search, and a duct knife may be something I need.

Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

Similar to a Hori Hori knife. I bought mine at Amazon and it showed up pretty sharp. Good enough for what I use it for and I was able to pick off a rabbit, too.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

No bottle opener on the Soil Knife! Gotta buy another knife!