Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Put That Camera Away...

...so these guys will get back to work.  Is this a real "Hi, Mom!" moment, or what?

This photo was shot by a brand new True Blue team member and shooting buddy, Russell L, one of Bea's neighbors.  Bea and I took Russell to the Washington County shooting range a couple weeks ago, where he promptly beat me shooting the March e-Postal match.  We saw this practice fire on the way back into town, and Russell has kindly allowed me to post it on the blog.  Thank You, Russell, and welcome to the Blogosphere!

2 comments:

The Freeholder said...

You know, I understand why FDs burn old houses, but...

Am I the only person to wonder what happened to bring it to this point? Who built it, who lived there, raised a family, argued over money, laughed and sat on the front porch on a quiet Sunday evening? what happened when they died? Did they have no children, or just none who cared for the old homeplace? Was everyone too busy with life in some big metroplex to understand the wonder of living in the country?

It just seems sad to me that it comes to this point so often.

Or am I just getting old and starting to think too many Old Guy thoughts? :-)

David aka True Blue Sam said...

This house looked to be in good shape, and probably would have been a good home for many more years. I was shocked when I saw it burning. My dad rehabbed a house in Washington very much like this one, back in the mid-1960's, and it is still solid,just a bit bedraggled with the current owners.

Down in So Illinois, the unoccupied rural homes are demolished quickly nowadays because they are an attractive nuisance to weekend partiers and meth makers. I see history go up in smoke on a regular basis.