Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thrills In The Mailbox



I bought the Buck 110 Folder in 1971 and carried it for many, many years.  The lock began to slip, and I stashed it away, figuring I would send it off to Buck one day to be repaired.  The big CRKT knife was new in '06, and it saw a lot of use until about a year ago when I noted that the liner-lock had worn, and was in danger of slipping off the back end of the blade.  I sent both knives off to their respective parents for repair recently.  I opened the mailbox a few days ago, and there were two packages!  Buck repaired the 110 Folder.  It has a stiff new spring and a new latch; they also touched up the blade and polished the wood and brass.  CRKT sent me an entirely new knife!  No charges; not even shipping!  You can't beat service like that!  I highly recommend both of these companies if you are shopping for a knife.

2 comments:

Merle said...

It's good to hear that these companies stand behind their products!

Merle

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

Really love my crkt blades. Have you seen the minimalist and SPEW designs? Short fixed blades, what I would call a patch knife really, but I'm beginning to like the idea of having one discretely carried on my belt.