Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Family Get-Together, 100 Plus Years Ago

Scrolling through photos, I spotted this scan of a photo I printed from the negative many years ago.  The license plate says 1914, and that probably is pretty close.  At the wheel is a great aunt, May Garrison, and in the passenger seat is her sister Iva.  Behind Iva is my Great-Grandmother Myrtle, who passed away in 1971.  I remember her very well. 


I know nothing about the car, but it is noteworthy that it has acetylene headlights.  I think manufacturers switched over to electric lights about 1915.  The right hand drive is dated.  Ford switched to the left side with the Model T for the 1909 model year. I wish I knew where this gathering occurred, and the people in the background.  They are probably family, but the details are a lost ball in high weeds.

2 comments:

Merle said...

It's a shame to lose family history like that.....

Sortahwitte said...

What a great family pix! I have one of my great grandmother and grandfather in a Star automobile. It was in the family until the 1950's.