Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April e-Postal Results


This Is A Winner?

JimmyB, the Conservative UAW Guy has posted the results of the April contest, and the turnout was a bit disappointing; I blame the weather.  This is a tough target, with many of the circles on the edge of the paper, and we shot the circles on the left with one hand.  You can never hold a pistol still for a perfect shot as you would with a rifle from a rest, and my strategy (?) is to try and make the trigger break as the sights come onto the target.  On this, my best target, you can see that only 13 out of 20 shots hit the paper.  I marked all of my hits from the several targets I shot on one spot, and found that I was shooting a fairly well centered group that was 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" at just over 25 feet.

Mr. Completely shot the top score in the Rimfire Optical class, and you can study his target shooting technique in the upper GBR video on the left side of the page.

Danno is hosting the May Contest, and it will be fun for the whole family if you add the wafers Danno recommends to make the targets reactive.

No comments: