Friday, July 29, 2011

Trouble; Trouble


Is it me, or are my sights off a bit?  That's what I have been thinking lately when I shoot my Single-Six.  I really paid attention when I shot my warmup targets for Mr. Completely's July contest, and yes, I needed to move my rear sight right.  You too, can improve your shooting if you enter these contests, so click over to the contest, print your targets, and head to the range with family, friends, and firearms.  Mr. C needs your submissions by next Monday, so don't put it off.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I would say move the rear sight just a frog hair up and a smidge to the right.

Still, fine shooting.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The targets don't quite tell the entire story. The one on top was shot first, and I was thinking about shooting from the bench to check, then instead moved the rear sight one click left and shot again. That's the target on the left. I moved the sight two clicks right and shot the target that I sent to Mr. Completely. I have the elevation set about as fine as my eyes can see at the normal e-Postal ranges, so for less deliberate shooting the front sight has to be buried in the target pretty well. These were shot with my cheap ammo, and I used my favorite brand for the match. It can't make up for my old eyes and bad technique, but it makes me feel better anyhow.