Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ruger's Auction To Benefit Honored American Veterans Afield

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=472309570




Ruger's auction this week definitely demonstrates how much folks like collectible Ruger firearms.  This .44 Magnum Carbine was built in 1963 and returned to the factory for unknown reasons. There are a few scratches on the stock, but otherwise it looks like new. The bidding is above $2000 as I post this, but if you are interested, go have a look.  How else will you buy a new-old-stock Ruger that was made more than fifty years ago! Click Here to bid. 100% of the proceeds of this auction will go to benefit Honored American Veterans Afield, and this rifle will sell mid-day, Wednesday, March 25, 2015....$2032.50!

While you are on Ruger's GunBroker auction page, roll down to the bottom and check out the gun they will sell next week. It's a Number 3 Carbine with metal buttplate in .45-70. I ought to stick my toe in the water on that one!

2 comments:

Merle said...

OUCH - you'll want to keep that 45-70 down to factory level loads!

Merle

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The Number 3's will handle more than you want to stuff in them. I have one in .223, and I love it. I think the .45-70 might ruin me.