Thursday, December 20, 2018

Lightning Round!

We missed Pistol League last week and then saw on Fbook that they started a new game at the range.  Prep three ten round magazines and shoot ten rounds in five seconds from 5 yards, 10 yards, and 15 yards, with a possible score of 300.  We made sure that we got there tonight.  I shot the Lightning Round twice and did OK.  I shot a 275 and 279.  The key (I think.) is to check you natural line of windage before you are told to load and lock.  Adjust your footing so your windage is right up the middle of your target so you are not trying to muscle into the center during those short seconds.  What fun!  This video is from last week.



My second target tonight.  

3 comments:

Merle said...

HMMM, sounds like fun!!! It's fun to do some high speed shooting once in a while, kind of like a "mad minute" with a bolt action rifle......

Billll said...

From low ready or the holster? Probably LR as most ranges, especially the indoor ones, don't like holsters much.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Low Ready. It takes me a second to make my first shot from there. I'd never get started if I had to draw from a holster! Merry Christmas, Bill!