Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Year's Toast!

Mom and Dad were married on this date in 1948.  Everyone that came to the wedding had to chain up to get there and back home.  I have one of their wedding presents, and I fired it up today for you all to enjoy.  Their friend Pete Jeffries gave this to them.  He was born in Tennessee, moved to Iowa with his family when he was a young man, and farmed all of his working days except when he served in the Army during World War II.  He liked orange soda, and once drank a guy under the table who bet him he could drink more beer than Pete could soda. If you're going to be famous for something, that's not a bad record.  Pete encouraged me to go to college and get a degree, and I have been thankful to him for many years because of that.  He was a good guy.  You can see His Obit Here.

Here's his toaster:

Happy Anniversary, Mom!

1 comment:

Merle said...

I'll bet with a little practice you'd get good at timing it!

Merle