Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veterans' Day Countdown Continues: Buddies..."ties of great strength"



"My Buddy" has been in my record collection so long that I can't remember when I picked it up.  I didn't understand the significance of this song when I was a kid, but liked it and played it a lot.  Ernie Pyle wrote one of his posts about Sergeant Buck Eversole, a soldier he spent time with in Italy, and if you read the essay to the end you will gain a sense of the bonds that develop between fighting men.  It's well worth reading.
I know that I am plugging the Army Team for Project Valour-IT (My father was in the Second Division.), but I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Novermber 10 is the 235th Birthday of the Marines Corps.  (My Father-In-Law is a Third Marine Division veteran, and he always reminds us what this day is!)

No comments: