Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hobbs Is Enjoying Life Here,

but we have a constant feeling of dread.  Little Hobbs is sixteen, with bladder cancer and heart disease.  He's not quite toothless; he has one.  Susan cooks special meals for him, and I carry him out multiple times every day.  I quit letting him walk out last week because he had a heart attack while meandering around outdoors.  I thought he was a goner, but I did chest compressions on him and he started breathing again.  He has blood in his urine because of the cancer, and we know his days are numbered, but he is enjoying his warm bed, laptime, chicken dinners, and turkey heart treats.


2 comments:

thinkingman said...

Bless you, sir, for performing hospice care for a pet who deserves as much consideration as any other family member. Have been down that road many times, and, with the mob we currently have, many more times shall come. To NOT do so, to me, is shirking a responsibility before God.

Merle said...

At least the poor old guy is well treated. I hope his end is painless.

Merle