Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Backroads Reminiscing

Golly, I have shot a lot of photos in my travels the last several years.  Most are not terribly interesting; tree plantations, trees with problems, roadside dumps; generally not worth posting but they are reminders to me of places I have been.  I noticed this barn tonight as I scrolled through photo months.  It is a good barn quilt on a well-maintained old barn, just east of the Little Wabash River in rural Edwards County, Illinois.  The roof is straight and tight, a lean to was added long ago, probably for parking machinery, and part of the siding has been covered with metal siding.  It is straight, too, which is not easy to maintain with old barns. 


1 comment:

Merle said...

Used to see a lot of hex signs on barns around here, but they are gradually disappearing - except for Amish barns.....

Merle