Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Bug, October 5, 2020

On a cold, wet February night in 2004, I had to go to my office after hours, and Susan rode along. On the side of the road I saw a couple of eyes in the weeds and stopped, backed up and shined the headlights to discover a very wet kitten. I hopped out to pick it up, and it ran, so I had a brief chase in the mud running it down. As we continued to the office, Susan said, "This cat has a broken leg." That was a downer, but Susan tried to make it better by telling me she would take the cat to the vet in the morning so I wouldn't have to kill it.

When I got home from work the next day we still had a cat, and it was wearing a cast! Susan related that the vet looked it over and said, " I believe I can fix this cat! The poor thing sure took a tumble." Took a tumble? We had to name her Bug after hearing that. She still likes to sit with her broken leg out; kind of like Chester on Gunsmoke.

Bug passed away last night. Sixteen years seems too short a life for a good little friend like Bug.

4 comments:

Old Al said...

Condolences. So sad when they pass. Glad you were able to give the kitty a good life.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of you losing your friend Bug. Although those 16 years were undoubtedly full, you will get no argument from me that facing their end is something to be mourned. It most assuredly is. Take care, friend, knowing you did right by Bug.

danno said...

16 years is a pretty good run for any cat. Good on ya for one with a broken leg!
I share your pain :-(

skybill said...

True Blue,
You "Da Man!!" 'Found on the side of the road critters!! our specialty!! 'Found "Bubba" on the side of NC-210 on my way to Melvin's bridge.. He just sat there.. I did a u turn and came back ,, he let me pick him up!! A few daze later at Melvins bridge fishin' after a rain storm.. I heard a "MEOW" up the the road.. it looked like a "Drowned rat" but it was moving (on the yellow line and log trucks were going by!!) I picked him up, dried him off with some of my fishing towels and took him home!! Now we had "Bubba and Skeeter" Skeeter was the last one... If I could post foto's to you.. you'd Be Blessed!! skybill
God Blesses us for takin' care of his Critter's!!!!!!