Friday, July 28, 2023

Weekend Steam: Lombard Log Haulers

Thank You, Merle! I copied a comment from one of the participants for viewers: " @terryharper2024

The first 7 minutes was shot at the Maine Forest & Logging Museum in Bradley, ME. The opening sequence we are using the 1934, 10 ton Lombard Tractor-Truck to pull our 19 ton, 1907 Lombard steam log hauler out of the bay. We had a wonderful and fun day when this was being filmed. We will have both machines out and about for our July 29th event and in October for our Living History Day's event."
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

John in Philly said...

Really nice video and the extra footage of the steam tractors was awesome. I think the huge Case is the 150 that was built by Cory Anderson.

I knew of the Lombard from reading articles in Live Steam magazine, but this was the most I had seen of firing it up and running it.
I also imagine that using it on the tilted and sloped logging roads would have been pretty much terrifying.