Thursday, October 5, 2023

Whitetail Boulevard


 The deer hunting challenge at the farm is going in the 20 acre woods without driving the deer out before you. Hunting from the barn is a pretty good bet, but the shooting opportunities are quick and narrow. The deer like to slip around the back yard through the trees we planted years ago, so our hunting friend set a ground blind there. The deer tend to ignore vehicles in the driveway and foot traffic around the house. This looks like a promising setup. 

2 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

I have a well defined whitetail highway in my woods between my house and my neighbor's horse pasture. There is a spring at the bottom of the hill before they cross the road. I only have 3.5 acres so only good for bow hunting. I once gave a permit for deer (and turkey) to a fireman friend but he got nothing. From the game cameras, they head down at 11:30 PM and back up around 4 AM outside allowable hunting times.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The wise old bucks hide out when the sun is up!