Sunday, April 28, 2024

Under The Utility Vehicle

 Our Kubota RTV has been mostly trouble free since we bought it twelve years ago. Last week I noticed a wet spot under it and investigated. There is a heat exchanger under the transmission filter, with two heater hoses hooked to it. This device has rotated counter-clockwise, kinking the hoses in the process, and nearly pulling one off. I called the parts guy at the dealership and he had never seen this happen, but he told me there is one nut in the middle of this thing to tighten after I remove the filter.  Good information! I have the filter and trans fluid, plus new 5/8" heater hose, so this week I will forge ahead and put everything back in order.


Back To The Old Grind!

1 comment:

Merle said...

nothing like being the first to discover a problem.....