Friday, June 7, 2024

Bradycardia Blues

 The cardiologist at Deaconess was a disappointment. He wasn't interested in the ekgs and notes from the family doc and the ER doc. He said they must be wrong. He told me to slow down and get help for doing my outdoor chores. It was a real bum's rush, or GOMER. Get Out of My Examination Room.  He took my pulse at my right wrist for 30 seconds, gave a quick listen to my chest, and that was the extent of my exam.

My personal EKG machine is showing VPB Bigeminy...Ventricular Premature Beats, Bradycardia and Arrythmia. You can feel it beating in your chest, irregular and palpitations.  Not good. Deaconess will be getting a review from me about their guy.   My rate jumps around from the 30s to the 40s, but it drops to 28 regularly with palpitations. I will have to talk to another doctor.... Oh Well, or words to that effect. 


I am going to return to normal activities and take my own ekgs throughout the day to document what the heart is doing. Thank goodness for the Internet. A person has to be their own doctor nowadays. 

No comments: