I have to say up front that I have my prejudices on how to carry, and what type of holster to use for carrying. Kydex that covers the trigger on your semi-auto, striker-fired, no-manually operated safety, pistol is a solid safety system. You still must operate safely when drawing, and reholstering. Reholstering with a semi-auto to me means removing the holster, inserting the firearm, and then reattaching the holster; but never over the appendix for me. Drawing in a hurry, under stress, means that you might make a mistake. Mistakes can wreck you.
Now, let's listen to a surgeon explain what bullets can do to a body.
4 comments:
We selected an EDC pistol with a grip safety.
It's possible that a stray tag of clothing could get into the trigger guard and cause an accidental discharge when holstering.
Remembering to keep one's hands off the grip safety removes that possibility.
Dr. Chris Raynor's explanation might be a bit longwinded, but is the best explanation of bullet damage to the human body that I've ever seen.
Drawstrings have caused many unintended trigger pulls. My Husqvarna 346 sucked the drawstring of my woods coat, and that was disconcerting. It wrecked the rewind. Not as bad as tangling with a PTO shaft, but it was a strong lesson. I use kydex for my pocket carry so the pistol stays firmly locked in until I need it. I still prefer my Ruger single-actions for a quick grab and carry. They won't go off accidentally unless I do something really stupid.
I have been admiring the Springfield pocket 45 since you brought up Springfields a while back. I have a S & W, and it has to be in Kydex for safety. I like the grip safety idea.
Post a Comment