Thursday, August 20, 2026

Corn Harvest Has Begun!

2 comments:

John in Philly said...

Thank you! We don't see that in Philly.
The onboard storage in the combine is a lot bigger than I would have guessed it was.
The folding header was amazing, and I did not realize that the combine's drive was tracks until the close up.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of money is in that big green machine.
I brought my wife in to watch the folding header part and she said if was really neat.
Excellent video.

Rick said...

I never seen folding head neither. That machine sure can scoot on the road.l. Technology marching on.

Last year, end of summer, I saw a combine fifty rows wide. A ninety bushel hopper too. Made in Germany. The man said alfalfa, barley, soy, and corn. He said more but I don't remember.
Only seen it once so far. Maybe it was a drive before you buy test drive.
Lots of corn further south of me, here where I am in Arizona is mostly alf and barley.
The fields are only a coupla hundred acres, but somewhat connected. So a machine hardly ever goes on asphalt.

I enjoyed this video.