Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Something I Saw Out In The Ticks

 Judging from the growth of this willow tree, it looks as though this oil well has been sitting idle for fifteen years or more.  It's in a remote field that would require some chainsaw work along the trail in order to reach the location with a winch truck, and a well pulling unit couldn't reach it without a bulldozer clearing the way; so there it sits.

Loggers and sawyers see a lot of trees with metal embedded out of sight.  Catching a tree in the act of eating a solid object is always a thrill, and oddities like this are one reason that I carry a camera with me when I am out and about.

2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I love to find sights like this to photograph, and soon I will have my new "Kodak EasyShare Max Z990 12.0 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD
I decided to go with a camera which is an upgraded version of the one I already have. I am pleased with all the features.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

That's a good choice; zoom is good. I use a pocket camera so that I can take it with me in the field. The little Canon fits in my cruising vest, so it goes just about everywhere with me. Our bigger camera is a Canon S2IS, which is outdated, but it has the zoom we need for taking wildlife photos, and it still works well.