Monday, January 13, 2020

Why Learn New Chainsaw Techniques?



We get a lot of comments on YouTube about chainsaw techniques that tell us many people do not make a plan for each tree they cut, and many do not know how to set up a hinge, evaluate weight and lean of a tree, or recognize the hazards that a tree presents. Injuries from chainsaws and trees can affect you the rest of your life, and getting killed lasts forever.  Find a chainsaw class and learn how to use your equipment safely and efficiently. Contact your University Extension office, or your local Department of Natural Resources forester to find instruction.

4 comments:

John in Philly said...

Thank you for the information.
Many years ago I learned that I didn't know as much as I thought I knew about felling trees, and luckily no one was injured and no property was damaged or destroyed.
I have left that work in the hands of the professionals after that.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

John, if you get out Illinois way, come and spend a day with us. You will be like Paul Bunyan before you know it!

John in Philly said...

David, I appreciate the offer, and I will see what the future brings.

If you decide to visit the Thresherman's Reunion in Kinzers, PA someday we will have to meet.

Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

I doubt I could become an expert like yourself but the most important thing I keep in mind is to not attempt something that I don't think I can handle. Having a small saw means I can't cut down a large tree.
Thanks to all of you videos, I've learned a few things along the way, like cutting snags properly.
Thanks, David.