Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Great Outdoors: Gun Itch Flareup


We stopped in Larry's Gun Shop, McLeansboro, IL before the lockdown to see what was good, and drop a little coin to show our support. As usual, we checked all the trade-ins for interesting guns.  This Ruger Flattop Blackhawk is a .44 Special made in 2014, and it looks absolutely new.  There is not even a drag mark from the cylinder being turned!  The price is quite reasonable, especially considering that single-action fans all crave a .44 Special. These are no longer in production, and I think this one is calling me!

4 comments:

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

Only problem with that is that it’s too nice to put in a holster!

John in Philly said...

A .44 Special with a modern bullet would go a long ways to tame the blast and still leave you with a mighty effective handgun.
I'm thinking that a .44 Magnum in that length barrel might be just a tad noisy.

Merle said...

I sure hope you heeded that call.... :)

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Merle: It is actually the Wife's turn for a new gun! My .44 Vaquero goes everywhere with me, so this would turn into a safe queen, and I am trying to avoid that. It is fun to wish, though!