Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Do You Trust Your Grease Monkey?

...Don't.






I have always done most of the maintenance on our family vehicles, but I tend not to crawl under my work truck.  Those vehicles have always gone to a garage for oil changes, brakes, tranny service, and etc.  Recently I noticed a bit of rear end noise when starting out, and checked the differential.  It was down about 1/2.  I have been using a couple of garages for service on this truck, and because there was no evidence of a leak, it is obvious that the rear end hasn't been checked by either garage for several visits. 

Get in the habit of looking under your car and checking the differential for evidence that you mechanic has pulled the plug and checked the oil level.  It just takes a second, and it can save you a bundle of money and aggravation.

No comments: