Friday, February 21, 2014

Illinois Carry Classes; Something I Never Expected To See






Carry classes for the new Illlinois concealed carry law are popping up all around Southern Illinois.  I took the first half of the required course of instruction two weeks ago and will complete it this weekend.  The first part is basically the NRA Basic Pistol Course, and the second half is a day to learn the intricacies of Illinois' law.  Part of the first day was a two part range exercise to cover the NRA requirements, then we all shot the required thirty shots from 5, 7, and 10 yards on the target specified by the Illinois law.  The law is available online, so I have been reading ahead and getting familiar with it.  It's not a perfect law, but it's a lot better than what we had, and I expect positive changes in Illinois because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I see a future E-postal match target here :)

Merle