Thursday, March 1, 2012

Help Me Out Here

 I saw this cast iron item recently, and no matter how much I study the photos, I can't figure out what it is.  If you can figure it out, please leave a comment with the answer; or at least your best guess.


I am going to cheat and do a search for the Taylor and Boggis Foundry in Cleveland.


UPDATE!  Drang was right on top of this one.  This item is the base and fuel tank for a kerosene camp stove.  Some very good photos of a restored stove are Right Here, along with a wishful price.

6 comments:

Drang said...

Camp stove of some sort?

David aka True Blue Sam said...

That didn't take long! Yep, It's the fuel tank and base for a camp stove. I will add a link in the post so everyone can have a look.

The Dude said...

i was shooting for stove part...

Anonymous said...

My parents found one of these under a dirt pile in their backyard this spring! this is the only image online I could find. The gadget they found has an additional part than the one pictured here.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Dear Anonymous: I think these were used for heating sad-irons more than camping out.

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for the additional information! My parents were thrilled to see the additional info on this thing! It solved a big mystery!