Monday, February 8, 2016

Yard Art


I've been driving by this sad little M for thirty years and finally took a picture last week.  I spoke to the owner twenty years ago and he wasn't at all interested in letting it leave the property.  Take a good look at the photo and you can see the years have not been kind. The top of the water hopper has been lifted by frost, and you can bet the bottom of the water jacket is broken, too.  The sparkplug is gone, so we know the piston is well rusted to the cylinder, which may also be broken by freezing.  If it was a rock I would say "That's Leaverite!" And that's what I did.

1 comment:

John in Philly said...

I do not understand the mindset that lets something of value decay.
A neighbor parked a VW bug behind his house then let it deteriorate for a decade until finally giving it away.